Our Middle School Services
Does your teen have difficulties making and maintaining friendships? Struggle with bullying? Have trouble with time management and organization? Do they exhibit challenges related to eating, sleeping, non-compliance, or meltdowns? Do you wish your teen able to interact more successfully with their peers or siblings? Or engage in more age-appropriate independent play and leisure activities? Are you worried about your teen transitioning into a new school? KGH’s Middle School Program can provide help and support with all of these issues. KGH offers innovative and comprehensive therapy services for middle school-aged children with autism spectrum disorder. We provide individualized and evidence-based treatment, consultation, education, support, and empowerment for teens and their families.
- KGH provides a comprehensive approach to treatment and offers applied behavior analysis (ABA), speech therapy, occupational therapy, social work services, social groups, and parent education and empowerment.
- We can address issues related to social skills, challenging behavior (talking back, meltdowns, aggression, property destruction, self-injurious behavior), eating, sleeping, improving and expanding functional language and conversation, safety skills, leisure skills, and self-care skills.
Our Middle School Program
KGH offers comprehensive and focused therapy options as well as individual and group services, family support services, and consultation services all under one roof. Therapy sessions can take place at our clinic, in your home, in the community, at school, or wherever you need us.
Our middle school individual services include comprehensive and focused ABA therapy to address and remediate the core deficits of ASD such as communication, play, safety skills, challenging behavior, etc. We also offer speech and occupational therapy, mental health services for both clients and families, social groups to target social interaction, feeding therapy, AAC evaluation and treatment, and challenging behavior assessment and treatment.
Our middle school group services include a Think Social! social thinking group based on the curriculum created by Michelle Garcia Winner, a Middle School On-The-Town group to focus on increasing social and leisure skills in the community, and a Thriving in Middle School/Jr. High group to allow teens to collaboratively discuss issues affecting them including acquiring and maintaining positive and safe friendships, engaging in social problem solving, being true to who you are, body image, bullying, lunchroom ease, identifying and coping with many emotions, time management, staying home alone, and safety and social media.
Our Middle School Services
- Comprehensive ABA Therapy
- Focused ABA Therapy
- Feeding Support
- Challenging Behavior Support
- Speech and Language Therapy
- AAC Evaluation and Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Social Dyad
- Camp Shadowing
- Think Social!
- Middle School On The Town
- Thriving in Middle School/Junior High
- Pediatric and Teen Parent Education & Empowerment Workshops
- Parent Coaching
- Individual Material Making
- Therapeutic Community Outings Support
- Parent Support Group
- Sibling Therapeutic Sessions
- Introduction to Autism: A Training for Babysitters, Caregivers and Professionals
- School Collaboration/IEP Support
- Consultation for School Districts