Play Pals Preschool
Play Pals is a therapeutic ABA-based preschool that’s dedicated to teaching children the skills needed to successfully transition into their district kindergarten with minimal supports.
- Our curriculum is derived from the empirically validated Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VB-MAPP) (Sundberg, 2008) and the Preschool Life Skills curriculum (Hanley et al., 2007).
- Our curriculum and daily schedule provide children with ample opportunities to practice functional communication and language skills, social skills, fine and gross motor skills, pre-academic skills, and independent self-care skills.
- Children learn to express their curiosity, problem solve, practice and work together with others through activities based on play and hands-on participation.
- Support services (e.g., speech therapy, occupational therapy and mental health services) are provided in the classroom as needed and use activity-based instruction to enhance skill acquisition and generalization.
- Data are collected daily to monitor child progress and instructional decisions are based on those data.
- This program is staffed by our Play Pals Instructor and Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs). Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) directly supervise the Play Pals Instructor and all RBTs working in the program.
North Shore Center
Social and Group Therapy Services
KGH offers several motivating social groups to address social challenges that are relevant to our early childhood clients. Our early childhood social groups focus on increasing participation in a variety of group activities, appropriate social communication, appropriate peer interactions, cooperative play, and early problem-solving skills.View Social and Group Services