Our Individual Therapy Services
Our high school and young adult individual services aim to address the challenges impacting young adults with autism, such as transitioning from middle school to high school or from high school into a transition program, college, or the work force. We provide individualized and evidence-based therapy, consultation, education, support, and empowerment for young adults and their families.
- KGH provides a comprehensive approach to therapy and offers applied behavior analysis (ABA), speech therapy, occupational therapy, mental health services, social groups, and parent education and empowerment.
- We can address issues related to improving and expanding functional language and conversation, social skills, challenging behavior (talking back, aggression, property destruction, self-injurious behavior), executive functioning skills, diet and exercise, sleeping, safety skills, leisure skills, and self-care skills.
- Therapy sessions can occur in the clinic, home, community, school, job or vocational program, summer camp, or wherever you need us.
Individual Therapy Services
Comprehensive ABA Therapy
Our comprehensive ABA therapy program uses the science of behavior analysis to teach across a variety of areas. We provide therapy and coaching where it is most meaningful to you and your teen or young adult whether in our center, in your home or in the community.
Focused ABA Therapy
Our focused ABA therapy program uses the science of behavior analysis to teach skills across a limited number of areas. We provide therapy and coaching where it is most meaningful to you and your teen or young adult, whether in our center, in your home or in the community.
Do you have concerns regarding your teen or young adult’s feeding? Does he or she have a limited repertoire of foods they consume? Does he or she exhibit challenging behaviors during mealtime? If so, our feeding program is for him or her!
Challenging Behavior Support
Our behavior consultants at KGH are able to provide a comprehensive and individualized assessment and therapy program to address a variety of behavior difficulties for all ages.
Speech and Language Therapy
Speech and language therapy at KGH consists of identifying and treating oral motor and feeding difficulties, language comprehension, social pragmatic issues and alternative forms of communication (e.g., PECS, sign and voice output devices, etc.) as well as building functional and social communication skills.
AAC Evaluation and Therapy
Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) therapy at KGH is led by a licensed speech language pathologist. The evaluation results are used to formulate individualized recommendations and therapy to promote the client’s communication success through augmentative and/or alternative communication devices and applications.
Occupational therapy at KGH consists of identifying and treating sensory processing difficulties, motor planning/sequencing, apraxia, body tone, sensory integration dysfunction and regulation issues.
Counseling and Psychotherapy
Individual mental health therapy services for children, teens and young adults consist of identifying major life stressors and creating a supportive and individualized therapy plan.
This type of therapy addresses issues of social awareness and social engagement.
Additional High School and Young Adult Services
We know how challenging it can be to coordinate all of your or your young adult’s different services and activities. At KGH, we offer all of our comprehensive services under one roof. Let us worry about putting all the pieces together. Our team will work with you to create a comprehensive and individualized therapy schedule that works best for you and your family.
In addition to our individual therapy services, we also offer the following services for our high school and young adult clients:
- High School: Here I Am
- Looking Ahead
- Texting Social Skills Group
- After School Hangout: High School
- Social Night for Young Adults
- Teen and Young Adult Parent Education & Empowerment Workshops
- Parent Coaching
- Individual Material Making
- Therapeutic Community Outings Support
- Parent Support Group
- Sibling Therapeutic Sessions
- Introduction to Autism: A Training for Babysitters, Caregivers and Professionals
- School Collaboration/IEP Support
- Consultation for School Districts