Our Individual Therapy Services
KGH offers innovative and comprehensive individual therapy services for elementary-aged children with autism and related special needs. We provide individualized and evidence-based therapy, consultation, education, support, and empowerment for children and their families.
- KGH provides a comprehensive approach to therapy and offers applied behavior analysis (ABA), speech therapy, occupational therapy, social work services, social groups, and parent education and empowerment.
- We can address issues related to eating, sleeping, toileting, problem behavior, functional language, social skills, safety skills, play and leisure skills, and self-care skills.
- Therapy sessions can occur in the clinic, home, community, school, daycare, summer camp, or wherever you need us.
- Our ABA program can be offered as either comprehensive or focused and uses the science of behavior analysis to address and remediate the core deficits or issues associated with autism; for example, communication, play, safety skills, and more. Research has shown that children with autism and related special needs who receive early, individualized ABA intervention have a greater chance of future success.
Individual Therapy Services
Comprehensive ABA Therapy
Our comprehensive ABA therapy program uses the science of behavior analysis to teach across a variety of areas. We provide therapy and coaching where it is most meaningful to you and your child whether in our center, in your home or in the community.
Focused ABA Therapy
Our focused ABA therapy program uses the science of behavior analysis to teach skills across a limited number of areas. We provide therapy and coaching where it is most meaningful to you and your child, whether in our center, in your home or in the community.
Do you have concerns regarding your child’s feeding? Does your child have a limited repertoire of foods they consume? Does your child exhibit challenging behaviors during mealtime? If so, our feeding program is for your child!
Challenging Behavior Support
Our behavior consultants at KGH are able to provide a comprehensive and individualized assessment and therapy program to address a variety of behavior difficulties for all ages.
Speech and Language Therapy
Speech and language therapy at KGH consists of identifying and treating oral motor and feeding difficulties, language comprehension, social pragmatic issues and alternative forms of communication (e.g., PECS, sign and voice output devices) as well as building functional and social communication skills.
AAC Evaluation and Therapy
Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) therapy at KGH is led by a licensed speech language pathologist. The evaluation results are used to formulate individualized recommendations and therapy to promote the client’s communication success through augmentative and/or alternative communication devices and applications.
Occupational therapy at KGH consists of identifying and treating sensory processing difficulties, motor planning/sequencing, apraxia, body tone, sensory integration dysfunction and regulation issues.
Counseling and Psychotherapy
Individual mental health therapy services for children, teens and young adults consist of identifying major life stressors and creating a supportive and individualized therapy plan.
Social Dyad/Peer Play
This type of therapy addresses issues of social awareness and social engagement, as well as playing with another child or multiple children.
Additional Elementary Services
We know how challenging it can be to coordinate all of your child’s different services and activities. At KGH, we offer all of our comprehensive services under one roof. Let us worry about putting all the pieces together. Our team will work with you to create a comprehensive and individualized therapy schedule that works best for your child and your family.
In addition to our Individual Therapy Services, we also offer the following services for our elementary aged clients:
- We Thinkers!
- After-School Enrichment
- Mission Completion
- KGH Super Sports
- Plan & Party
- Superflex 101
- Boys Group
- Game Night!
- Minecraft Social Skills Club
- Camp KGH!
- Pediatric Parent Education & Empowerment Series
- Parent Coaching
- Individual Material Making
- Therapeutic Community Outings Support
- Parent Support Group
- Sibling Therapeutic Sessions
- School Collaboration/IEP Support
- Toilet Training Program
- Consultation for School Districts