Want to turn a visit to Santa from HO-HO-HORRIBLE to HO-HO-HORRAY? Here are 6 easy tips to help your child have a more successful visit to see Santa!
- Get to know the lay of the land! Bring your child for a visit when Santa is not there either before or after Santa’s Workshop is open for the day. Being familiar with the environment may ease some of the anxiety related to seeing Santa.
- Talk it up! A few days before you go start talking about the trip to see Santa. You can also try putting a sticker on a calendar to signify when the visit will be. A visual schedule that includes a picture of Santa among the days other activities may be helpful as well!
- See if you can schedule your visit with the Big Guy! Many places, including local malls and park districts, offer the opportunity to schedule a specific time to see Santa.
- Certain malls and park districts offer “Sensory Friendly” Santa visits; call to see if this is an option for you! These visits offer times to see Santa when the mall is closed and often have dim lighting.
- The earlier you go, the better! Going early will ensure shorter lines, less noise and smaller crowds.
- Want to snap that perfect picture? Put your camera on video mode and take screen shots of your favorite moments when you watch the footage later. This will help remove some of the stress of organizing that “perfect” moment!